Wednesday 3 December 2014

TheBalm How 'Bout Them Apples Cheek and Lip Pallet Review!

This is something I've always wanted to purchase from TheBalm but didn't want to until it came about in the UK and I had a chance to get it thanks to Superdrug Beauty Studio at the Student Lock In in Cardiff.
The Pallet consists of 6 apple inspired shades which are a very creamy consistency that dry to a non sticky texture. All the shades in this pallet can be used on the lips and cheeks.







The pallet opens up like a book, with a very large mirror on one side and the product at the other end. The pallet also has a man to represent each colour at the side of each product, and some are hilariously photoshopped! Each colour comes out pretty smoothly, and very pigmented. I tried applying with my fingers and brush and both methods applied smoothly.I also applied the colours to bare skin, on foundation freshly applied and after a couple of hours an also on top of powder and the formula didn't budge my foundation.























Left to right; Cider, Cobbler, Pie, Crisp, Candy and Caramel.
Cider came out more of a highlight which looked beautiful on top of the blushers. For me Caramel is more of a colour I'd use to create a gradient blush if I wanted to blend a couple of colours together. My favourite is definitely Crisp I'd the perfect balance of peach and pink.
The staying power on my skin was pretty good and it can be used to brighten powder blushers.

Below I am using a mix of Crisp Cider and Pie, with Pie on my lips.


The price of this product is £26.50. Do I think it's worth it? I do if you're a lover of cream blushers or fancy a change, it works out at £4.41 per blush lip product which is fantastic value!

Breakdown: Out of 10
Value for money: 8/10
Colour Choices: 8/10
Does what it says on the tin: Yes! It's usable on both lips and cheeks and has good pigment and easy to blend.
Staying Power on skin: 7/10
 Packaging: 7/10
Consistency and workability: 8/10
Would I repurchase? I don't think I would by the time I will get to the end of it I'd have found new blushers to try, but it is good for on the go or for natural looks!
This was purchased as part of a £25 gift card supplied by Superdrug for their Student Lock in event in Cardiff. The views expressed in this review are my own and are not influenced by outside sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment