Saturday 6 December 2014

Poundland Makeup; Make Up Gallery Pro Liquid Eyeliner and Pout It Out Nude 1 Review and Swatches!

So I took the plunge and bought some Poundland makeup. I've seen it on various media websites with mixed and good reviews and while I was in town I decided to pick some products that I would use in my everyday looks.
I picked up a few but today I decided to review a nude lip liner, which I know would be a tough test as I do not suit nude lips at all, as my lips are very red without product on, and the liquid liner because I'm a liquid liner hoarder.

Both were priced at £1 per item, and the same goes for the whole line of products.
Time Trialed: 3 weeks.


I was pleasantly surprised at the applicator to the liquid liner; It's an actual thin brush! I was so shocked to see it as I much prefer thin brushes to hard plastic tips and foam cone shaped applicators, as after time these often bend and become misshapen, so you can't create a thin line.

The pencil is nice and soft, and is easy to blend and isn't too soft so it's unable to be sharpened without crumbling away. 
I have swatched the eyeliner next to a range of eyeliners I have priced from £3 - £16, so I could see if the intensity was the same quality as a higher ranged eyeliner or the same as a cheaper one.
The eyeliners are all black and are listed top to bottom: 
Poundland Make Up Gallery Pro Liquid Liner
Make Up Revolution Liquid Liner
TheBalm Schwing
Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner (Felt)
Make Up Revolution Awesome Eyeliner Felt and Kohl (Felt side)
I was surprised to see how black this liner turned out to be, and it lasts a long time on the skin (as long as you don't rub your eyes hard!). It measures up to the likes of a more expensive brand such as TheBalm. The brush on it is effortless and to be fair does a really nice straight line and doesn't crinkle on my lids. Absolute winner for £1!



The Lip Liner is also a winner for me. It's creamy and you can wear alone as a lip colour. It isn't drying at all but I did find when I applied a gloss to it, the colour changed much lighter, so light it looked too light on my lips.


I went outside my lip line to see if I could create a fuller lip, and I feel like it was successful. I would not feel uncomfortable wearing this out and doesn't look too light on my lips. It stayed on my lips while eating and drinking and only required top up after around 2/3 hours. The lip liners only came in 3 shades in the Merthyr branch and 2 in the Cardiff so I'm not too sure how many colours you can get but I'm assuming only around 4 or 5.

I don't think I'd go as far as trying their foundations as I'd fear my skin would clog, but their colour products are fantastic especially for £1. I also purchased an eyeshadow colour which was a cranberry colour and a lipstick, so I'll review those in a separate post. Definitely try out the products if you're near a Poundland.



Breakdown: Out of 10
Value for money: 10/10
Colour Choices: 7/10
Does what it says on the tin: Absolutely, and if it didn't it was only £1!
Staying Power on skin: 7/10
 Packaging: 6/10
Consistency and workability: 8/10
Would I repurchase? I would! I would most likely try their kohl pencil or mascara as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment