Friday 23 May 2014

Pixi Flawless Finishing Powder Review!

I think once or twice a month I will do a review of a Pixi by Petra / Pixi Beauty review. I literally own the majority of their collection, this is due to me being a makeup artist in their Cardiff counter in Boots from 2011 - 2012 when they sadly got discontinued, but I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of working for such a loving brand. I loved their products and I still continue to purchase their makeup now! These reviews will be absolutely my own opinion, as these products are mostly repurchases of ones I had been given at my time at Pixi, or purchased after they were pulled from Boots directly from the Pixi store in Carnaby Street. 

Now on to the review!

Today I will be reviewing a product that is essential for the summer, which is a translucent powder. Great for topping up makeup, absorbing oil, finishing the makeup, and helping it stay on the skin longer. This finishing powder is a little special as it has some illuminating shimmery tones in it.

Time used: 3 years.
Price: £16.50


 This powder comes with a handy sponge in a secret compartment for top ups during the day.

So as I mentioned above this finishing powder is special as it has lovely shimmering particles in it to help illuminate and lift your skin's natural glow. It's completely translucent and works for any skin tone, so again great for the summer time and for when you get a tan, as there's no worry about trying to match a powder with your new tan.
I usually wear this on top of my tinted moisturizer to further help oil absorption throughout the day, or just in my T zone to help oil control with foundations. The texture is really soft, velvety and not powdery. It contains Vitamin E to help prevent premature aging, which is always a bonus!

 Click the image to see a close up of the shimmer.

I tried to take a close up of it on my skin, it's literally translucent without leaving a residue!

For me, I love this powder just to make sure my makeup stays in place. The downside is that it isn't completely matte, so if you were looking for a matte powder you may want to stay away from this as it does have a glow, but that is the whole point in this powder which is to enhance your glow.

Close up on top of foundation. It gives a lovely soft glow to the skin.

This lasts around 5 hours on the skin for me until I need a top up, and if I use every day usually lasts me around 8 or 9 months. A little goes a long way with this stuff. 

Breakdown out of 5:
Value for money: ♥♥♥♥
Does what it says on the tin: ♥♥♥♥
Staying Power on skin: ♥♥♥♥
Packaging: ♥♥♥♥
Consistency and workability: ♥♥♥♥
Would I repurchase? Absolutely, this is my third box I have purchased!
Overall: ♥ 4/5 ♥

p.s: Anyone wondering how many Pixi Products I own, here's around a 5th of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment