Monday 26 May 2014

Guerlain Météorites Blossom Écrin Sourcils Eyebrow Kit Review + Swatches!

I cannot live without eyebrow products. Even if I pop to the shop I have to do my eyebrows above anything else. Looking back at old college pictures of my eyebrows has made me cautious about how they look at all times! So when it comes to eyebrow products I like to mix and match and see what is out there.

So being a big Guerlain fan, I bought their Ecrin Scourcils Eyebrow Kit in a heartbeat. 
It contains 4 shades, 3 brow and 1 highlight, with a small thin angled brush and brow brush. It also includes a large mirror, which is fantastic because it is not a small dainty mirror where you have to struggle to move your hand and still see.



Time trialed: 1 Month.
Price: £31.50



Okay, so many of you have probably seen the price and thought it's a little insane. Let me break it down for you.

Browzings is £24.50, for two colours, one being a wax (Which I don't use brow waxes so mine is virtually brand new) and one powder (which doesn't really give you a good playing field with regards to creating softer effect brows)

1 Illamasqua brow cake is £15.50 for one brow powder, which yes agreed, it's a large size so it would last forever, but still it is one colour.

This is £31.50 for 3 powders, all of which I use, and 1 highlighter, a brush (Which most brow kits don't include!) and a mirror. To me, bargain. It's all in one handy case so there is no need to have 4 different products open and fiddle around with a mirror at the same time. They are also of a good size, two colours = 1/2 a size of an Illamasqua powder.


Close up.

Here are the colours swatched with 1 swipe. Great pigment so you can really achieve a defined brow. 


The colours inside are perfect to create an ombre brow or a faded look, you can even mix all colours together to create a perfect colour. This pallet is perfect for any hair colour or skin tone. 
The colours are easily blendable and once set they don't budge until you remove.

 Both brows.

Brow close up with eye makeup.

The brush inside is fantastic, it is a little on the small side though but it's not unusable or tricky to hold. I would say it is very close to the angled brush by Illamasqua, so you can get really thin crisp eyebrows.

I'm sure this is a limited edition so grab it while you can. If not fantastic, because this is perfect and should be in everyones eyebrow kit!

Breakdown out of 5:
Value for money: ♥♥♥♥♥
Does what it says on the tin: ♥♥♥♥
Staying Power on skin: ♥♥♥♥
Packaging: ♥♥♥♥
Consistency and workability: ♥♥♥♥
Would I repurchase? If I ever get through this then yes, but you literally need a tiny amount and you're done!
Overall: ♥ 4/5 ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment