Sunday 22 September 2013

POP Beauty Peak Performance Mascara Review

After reading some disappointing reviews online about this mascara I wanted to see for myself if it was a good idea.
The applicator definitely got me to want to purchase this and i liked the fact you had to work it manually through the lashes. So when i visited the pixi storeI purchased  this myself!

Time trial: 2 Months. 

Claims: A revolution in mascara application! 
Mascara with advanced lash comb separates, coats, lifts & fans out every lash, resulting in immense lash volume & dramatically maximized eyes. 

Lash-protecting formula conditions & nourishes lashes. Hygienic twist-up wand prevents bacteria build up & formula dry out, ensuring fresh new mascara every time.





I don't know how I feel about this mascara. It's great of you like a natural fanned out lash if you have a subtle eye colour on, but apart from that it doesn't live up to the claims. I think it is a fantastic idea however as you can wipe the rush clean after every use which is what I do. 

The application is a little messy also, I had to wipe most the product from my eyeshadow which is annoying but it does separate without clumps. The colour is jet black and feels lightweight and doesn't dry hard on the lashes. 
I feel as though if the spokes on the brush were longer, it could grab more product and make the lashes a lot thicker. 

Photos below are of my lashes with and without product, with two coats. 




This is a mascara to avoid if you like a lot of volume and definition or prefer a fuller look, but like I said if you're more into the natural look this is one to get, especially since its very hygienic and fuss free.  You can get this mascara in 3 shades. 

I will continue using this mascara but will only use it for natural looks or for bottom lashes, as for me it is fantastic for the bottom lashes but not as good for the top. 


Breakdown: Out of 5
Value for money: ♥♥
Colour Choices: ♥♥♥♥♥
Does what it says on the tin: ♥♥♥
Staying Power on eyes: ♥♥♥♥
Packaging: ♥♥
Consistency and workability: ♥♥
Would I repurchase? Unfortunately I don't think I would. Their other mascara are definitely worth a look at however!
Overall: ♥ 2/5 ♥

I purchased this product myself and have given a honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment