Friday 14 March 2014

No 7 Limited Edition Peony Petals Blush Palette Review!

I thought I would try something different so I picked up this lovely blusher in Boots. I usually go for matte blushers and add a highlight myself as I'd rather a flush of colour than a sheen wash.

It's gorgeously pressed with embossed flower petals, with a shimmery white highlight, shimmery peach and a glowing lilac colour in the center.


Price: £12

The colours don't come out as bright as I'd expect on my cheeks but it is a nice change to my usual blush of choice, which is Hervana. I'm assuming this is more of a blush for paler complexions, I'm more of an olive tone so it's come out very sheer. The more I applied the more shimmery it became, so for me sadly this will be more of an add on blush rather than something I can wear on its own.


The description enclosed states: A pretty blend of pinks and highlighting petals to create a gentle flush of colour. Swirl together with a blusher brush and blend across the cheeks for a naturally radiant complexion.


As you can see, it's barely visible. It's given some colour but not enough for it to look like I have blush on.

All in all, I'm quite disappointed with the colour pay off BUT I think I can make a good use for this for my more lilac blushes to give them a glow and sheen. It will be a lovely change to my summer blushes to give them new life! This however DOES have a long wearing time on my skin, and the sheen does stay on a while!


Breakdown out of 5:
Value for money: ♥♥♥
Does what it says on the tin: ♥♥♥♥
Staying Power on skin: ♥♥♥♥♥
Packaging: ♥♥
Consistency and workability: ♥♥♥
Would I repurchase? As it is a limited edition colour, I will be unable to repurchase this product, so it's hard to say if I would.
Overall: ♥ 3/5 ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment