Sunday 18 May 2014

Holographic Lipgloss? Bare Minerals Hypnotist Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss Review!

The problem with my mind is if I see any thing shiny, unusual and something impractical, I will buy it. Which is why as soon as I saw this I bought it. Which is also the problem working on a makeup counter and noticing things you need from other stalls.

I have never seen a lip gloss that looks like this so naturally it's why I had to have it.

Hypnotist is a holographic lip gloss is part of the Marvelous Moxie range, and is a limited edition shade.

Price: £16
Time trialed: 1 week.

I took it out with me when I went for a walk to Roath Park the other day to show you what it looks like in true daylight.


Like I said, this is a holographic lip gloss but I feel as though this is more of a transformer lipgloss than anything.
When it is applied it looks nothing like what's inside the tube. It's almost like a chameleon colour and alters to a shade that's nearest to your skin tone.
Unless you're actually looking for the different tones on your lips, or someone knows you're wearing it to look for the prisms on your lips, that's the only time you will actually see it's holographic.

Here are some more pictures
 Taken inside my house
As you can see it looks a lot more holographic in dimmer light rather than a bright natural light.

 Worn alone on my lips

Swatched on my hand.

It is so unusual to actually see the colours change from greens purples and blues to a cool salmon tone tolour. When built up the colours are a lot more noticeable but you have to wear quite a thick coat to see all the colours on the lips!
The texture is really smooth and nourishing, and the taste isn't too overpowering so I won't have to worry about licking my lips too often! I find it does make my lips look fuller as it has almost a 3D look to them especially with the colours that are inside this gloss.

The downside to this is it only lasts around an hour on the lips before having to reapply, even with a lipstick underneath and it leaves no trace that it was actually there which is a little disappointing considering the price!
But it is a good conversation starter if you pull this one out of the bag to apply some, how many people do you know with a holographic lipgloss?!

Breakdown out of 5:
Value for money: ♥♥♥
Does what it says on the tin: ♥♥
Staying Power on skin: ♥♥
Packaging: ♥♥
Consistency and workability: ♥♥♥♥
Would I repurchase? I'm not too sure, I would say no I wouldn't because of how disappointing it was with regards to staying power but I know the 90s child inside would repurchase to say I own a holographic lipgloss!
Overall: ♥ 3/5 ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment