Friday 30 August 2013

Pixi Beauty Wakeup Wisteria Review!

Here's a Pixi Beauty Nail Polish review! One of many to come (I have over 100 nail polishes and counting so expect more colours!)

This is my newest Pixi Purchase which I went to the store to collect, along other items I'd been waiting to get for a while!.

Time spent trialing: 1 Month
Price: £8

The colour is a lovely lilac colour not too bright but not too weak, lovely for every day or to match an outfit.

Claims: Formulated for high definition, super smooth application with a chip-resistant finish and built-in UV protection to prevent polish discolouration.
 Full spectrum of nail shades that withstand wear and tear while providing saturated colour with a high gloss finish.

3 Free: Toluene, Formaldehyde and DBP free.



I am seriously impressed with their new formulas. They literally only take one coat and apply smoothly and balance out on the nail. I'm also glad they removed the cardboard packaging and added the name to the side of the bottle! Chip resistant, yep! Chip free for at least 3 days on myself! Saturated colour choices? YEP! Bright pinks to sexy reds. High gloss finish? Definitely, see the photos below! 

Here are swatches with a topcoat and without. These are one coat.

Without topcoat and with top coat.


As you can see there really isn't a need for a glossy topcoat to achieve shine, the polish covers that completely.

Drying time is pretty quick, within 5 minutes or so it's touch dry. This obviously depends on body temperature and room temperature.

I am thoroughly impressed with the improvement of quality and shine on this formula and their new green coloured lids, definitely matches the rest of the brand better than the old silver lids! 

Breakdown: Out of 5
Value for money: ♥♥♥♥
Colour Choices: ♥♥♥♥♥
Does what it says on the tin: ♥♥♥♥
Staying Power on nail: ♥♥♥♥
Packaging: ♥♥♥♥
Consistency and workability: ♥♥♥♥ 
Would I repurchase? Yes! I'd look into their new shades and other shades from the new range for sure!
Overall: ♥ 4/5 ♥

Disclaimer: I purchased this product myself and have given an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment