Sunday 5 October 2014

YSL Yves Saint Laurent Baby Doll Kiss and Blush Swatches and Review!

Having recently purchased another colour for my Kiss and Blush collection I thought I'd do some swatches and review what colours I currently own and show this product to you all.


I currently own Shade 4 (Orange Fougueux) kiss and blush, Shade 3 (Rose Libre) Kiss and Blush and Shade 12 (Moca Carconne) Kiss and Blush, which is my newest addition. The formulas are designed to be used on the lips and cheeks and have a velvet smooth texture with a matte finish.

Price: £27

Time Trialed: 5/6 Months.





The feel of this product is really smooth to the touch and I originally purchased for just my lips, but I must admit they are incredibly smooth to apply on top of foundation as blushers. I picked three colours which were out of my comfort zone, which are a pink, orange and beige. 
Best applied on exfoliated lips these do not hydrate as such but they do leave a slight stain to the skin and lips which is fantastic as theres no need to re-apply during the day.
I did find the weaker of the bunch as the pink, and the beige leaves a lovely rose tinted beige stain after a duration of time.

The applicator is unique in that it has a bendy section in the middle which picks up enough product in the inner well to apply the correct amount of product to your skin or lips. 


The colours do come out quite bright which actually shocked me as I was expecting more of a wash of colour rather than a high impact statement colour, even down to the beige it's a vibrant colour. 

Swatched below are all three colours on my lips. I did get a tingling sensation on my lips and by the third colour, which is the orange my upper lip had swollen slightly which is noticeable, it's a similar to the sensation that I got from wearing Benefit's Lollitint, it's not uncomfortable but I must be allergic to something in the ingredients list.




Overall I'm pleased. Do I think It's worth £27? I do if you're going to wear it both on the lips and cheeks as it does minimize your makeup bag. It comes in 12 shades from statement to wearable every day.

Breakdown: Out of 5
Value for money: ♥♥♥
Colour Choices: ♥♥♥♥♥
Does what it says on the tin: ♥♥♥♥
Staying Power on skin: ♥♥♥♥
 Packaging: ♥♥♥
Consistency and workability: ♥♥♥♥
Would I repurchase? I don't think I would repurchase these colours, but I would consider and possibly buy more colours in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment