Saturday 22 March 2014

MAC Viva Glam Rihanna Lipstick Review and Swatches!

So for the past few years I have been purchasing Viva Glam lipsticks as I think it's a fantastic cause, and a lovely colour each cycle.
This year Viva Glam is represented by Rihanna, which instantly made me think that it's going to be a red lipstick and when it came out I wasn't surprised by my assumption being correct.
A cool toned red with a gold glimmer, this lipstick applies smoothly with glossy colour.


Price: £15
LIMITED EDITION.
Time trialed: 1 week.
My only worry when I heard this was announced that would it be like RuPaul's Viva Glam lipstick, thankfully it's nowhere near the same shade, with RuPaul's being a deep almost burgundy colour next to Rihanna's.
The colour is vivid when on the lips, with a lovely subtle gold shimmer which helps warm the tone up to suit most skintones!


Viva Glam comparison: Rihanna's vs RuPaul's.



Swatch on the lips of Viva Glam Rihanna.

One thing I have to have a little moan about is the actual packaging. It's a lovely change, however; It's a frosted almost rubber feeling packet, which absorbs anything you have on your hands. It's really hard to clean without some sort of mark to be left on the bullet. So PLEASE next cycle have a smoother packaging, I like keeping my lipsticks looking clean! It's super hard to do with this texture bullet!

All that aside, it's lovely! I probably wouldn't repurchase a shade like this as I have loads of reds, but this is such a wonderful cause I had to have it.

Breakdown out of 5:
Value for money: ♥♥♥♥
Does what it says on the tin: ♥♥♥♥
Staying Power on skin: ♥♥♥♥♥
Packaging: ♥♥
Consistency and workability: ♥♥♥♥
Would I repurchase? As it is a limited edition colour, I would be unable to repurchase, but I don't think I would repurchase this colour. I will keep repurchasing future Viva Glam lines though!
Overall: ♥ 4/5 ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment