Wednesday 4 December 2013

Illamasqua Eye Brow Cake Review!

As I misplaced my Browzingz I decided to take the plunge after admiring a colleagues eyebrows and purchased what she uses, including the matching brush.

I was quite excited to try something new eyebrow wise as I have been using Browzings for a while!

This eyebrow powder comes with a convenient little mirror in a compact case. Brush purchased separately.

Price: £15.50

Time Trialed: 1.3 week.


Now I must say, I have visited the Illamasqua shop a few times in Carnaby Street and this has been the worst visit in regards to customer service. The lady seemed a little rude once I said I worked on another makeup counter and when I asked about the makeup brush  to go with it she told me two different prices and was unsure. Not good for a flagship store at all, and when trying to decide on her recommendation or the shade I'd hoped for, she seemed to get a little irritated. It took me no more than a minute to decide but if I didn't know what I wanted and was a new customer, I would have flown out of those doors! The attitude instore will not make me not go back but I feel it needs to be noted here.
On with the review!

The colour I chose is 'Gaze' a soft brown grey colour. The lady in the Illamasqua shop advised a colour that was way too light and fairly orange, called 'Stark'. I went with my choice and I'm so glad as I feel it's the perfect colour. I used Browzingz in Medium which was way too copper for my brows but used it until I could afford something better, so I'm glad I misplaced it.

Although I do feel like Browzings did stay on a little longer on the brow, the consistency and look of this on the brows is far superior. The pigment is much stronger and the powder is a lot finer, making it easy to draw naturally on the skin.


(Illamasqua 'GAZE' neatened up with Pixi Tint and conceal in #2 (Concealer only) )

This DOES take practice to achieve. I still have not mastered it fully but I feel as though my brows look a lot better now than they did with my old powder. The brush to go with it helped a lot, my Benefit brush is a little too wide to achieve a clean brow, but the angled brush creates a clean cut edge on the brow. I feel with a few more applications I could achieve a good gradient brow!

The longevity on the brow is a little disappointing the application and look of this powder is fabulous and creates a perfect defined eyebrow.

Breakdown: Out of 5
Value for money: ♥♥♥
Colour Choices: ♥♥♥♥♥
Does what it says on the tin: ♥♥♥
Staying Power on eyes: ♥♥♥
Packaging: ♥♥♥
Consistency and workability: ♥♥♥♥
Would I repurchase? Yes! Although I think I need to try it with the sealing gel to make it adhere a little better.
Overall: ♥ 3/5 ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment