Friday 30 August 2013

Too Faced Beauty Balm Review!

Main properties and claims:
SPF of 20
Sheer coverage
Evens out skintone
The 'multi benefit skin care makeup'
Hypo-allergenic
Moisturises with oil free hydration
Anti-aging, multi mineral complex primes & prevents damage
Light defusing pigments that tint and add radience
Primes, evens tone and is a lightweight foundation.

Time spent trialling: 1.5 Months
Shade chosen: Nude Glow


Review: 

With the sudden increase in BB (Beauty Balms and Blemish Balms) on the UK market, it's worth giving one a go. I was given this by a work colleague as she knows I love sheer foundations and would rather the natural look for every day makeup.


Unblended vs Blended


You have to be open minded about this, as it is very sheer. So if you like the heavier look, stay clear. It does state tinted on the actual packaging, and it is just that. I personally could not see any noticeable changes when I applied it to my face, and I did not notice it even out my complexion. It did however give a shimmer and a dewy finish. It also has quite good oil control and staying power. I have mixed this in with other foundations (Cover Girl, Too Faced, Pixi, Chanel) and it does help give off an illuminating finish. The consistency is very thick for something so sheer, but you only need a little to go a long way, that's what's so good about higher end products.
I did not find it moisturised my skin, it just sort of sat on the top. I have very dry patches on the sides of my temples and this seemed to stay the same throughout the trial.
I needed additional cover up (such as concealer) to cover any blemishes I had on the days, but I did notice that it made my concealer slip around a tad and didn't have the staying power that it usually does.
It works okay as a primer, not as well as others that I have tried, but for 3 products in 1, it is worth the money and worth the go of trying it out in different ways. (Mixing, stand alone, base, primer)
The claims on the box don't really match up to the product, I didn't find it very moisturising, wasn't that oil retaining as I expected, and it does not even out skintone.
As a person who has sensitive skin, it broke me out a little, not much, but I noticed some areas on my head and cheeks where I had small pimples, not as bad breakouts as other products have given me but it still should be noted.

Breakdown: Out of 5
Value for money: ♥♥♥♥
Colour Choices: ♥♥♥
Does what it says on the tin: ♥♥
Staying Power on skin: ♥♥♥
Packaging: ♥♥♥
Consistency and workability: ♥♥♥♥ 
Would I repurchase? Yes, for the fact it us a versatile product and you get a whopping 45ML for £24!
Overall: ♥ 3/5 ♥

I was given a 5g sample, and you can purchase it from Boots (uk) Debenhams (UK) and from TooFaced.com for the retail price of £24 for 45ML
I have given an honest review and was not paid by the company to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment